Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vegan?!

Just a quick update. I've decided to give my nutritional plan a complete overhaul. Before this week the majority of my diet consisted of lean meats for proteins and whole grains for complex carbohydrates. I also consumed large amounts of dairy products for calcium and protein purposes.

I've been reading some literature regarding carcinogens in meat and dairy products and their effects on the human body. After I did some additional research I decided to maintain what I've been calling an "85% vegan diet."

I'm skeptical that a small amount of organic chicken each day will cause much or any harm to my body. I will remove all other animal and products from my diet, however. I'll keep my readers posted on my energy levels, brain function, and muscle restoration stats. I'll also let you know whether or not I am able to maintain the amount of nutrients and vitamins I was receiving from animal products.

Let the experiment begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment